ECEC functions as a project of a host organization. ECEC was initially hosted by Family Care International (a New York based NGO that worked in the field of advocacy for maternal health). Since 2014, the East European Institute for Reproductive Health (EEIRH) hosts the Consortium. Located in Tirgu Mures (Romania), EEIRH promotes the right of women and men to sexual and reproductive health, to a life without gender-based violence and to a healthy and dignified ageing.
ECEC works with a modest budget that comes from different sources, public and private. Since its in inception, ECEC has received funding or in kind support from the following institutions:
- World Health Organization / UN Commission on Life Saving Commodities for Women and Children. http://www.who.int/medical_devices/unclsc/en/
- The European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health http://www.escrh.eu/
- International Consortium for Emergency Contraception http://www.cecinfo.org/
- HRA Pharma, France http://www.hra-pharma.com/
- Gedeon Richter, Hungary http://www.richter.hu/en-US/Pages/default.aspx
ECEC does not promote specific EC methods, products nor brands, and makes every effort to ensure that data regarding different EC products are selected and presented in an objective and balanced manner based on current scientific evidence and prevailing information.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.